May 25, 2017
Knock Knock City (hereinafter referred to as “Knock Knock City”, “we”, “us” or “our”) operates
a platform and community marketplace that helps people drop off and hold bags and luggage
directly with one another, through our website. Knock Knock City respects your privacy, and
describes how Knock Knock City treats Personal Information when you use the Knock Knock City
service (including without limitation all application, content and functionality available through
the service, the “Service").Personal Information
- Browsing the Service. You can carry out certain activities on the Service without having a
Knock Knock City account.
- Your Knock Knock City Account. For some activities on the Service you need a Knock Knock
City account. We ask for some personal information when you create an account, including
without limitation your email address, password, your full name, phone number, and credit
card number. For hosts we additionally ask for business name, tax identification number,
business hours, capacity for storage.
- Usage Information. When you use the Service, we may record information about your usage
of the Service, which other users you communicate with, the content you view and
information you display about yourself as well as information you click on in the Service
(including UI elements, settings). If you are logged in to your account, we may associate that
information with your Knock Knock City account. We also track information related to the
pickup and drop off of items.
- Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose
online (e.g., name, address, phone number) will be disclosed only to those users of the
Service with whom you share personal information or item access. Knock Knock City will not
disclose your personal information with any users of the Service or anyone else unless and
only to the extent you specifically authorize Knock Knock City to do so.
Information That is Publicly Available
- Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with an enhanced experience of
the Service. If you submit personal information to the Service, we may use that information
to operate, maintain, and improve the features and functionality of the Service, and to
process any flagging activity or other communication you send to us.
- We may display your usage information to other users or outside parties in an anonymized
and/or aggregated format in which you cannot reasonably be identified as an individual in
order to improve the service and provide trends and insights.
- We use credit card information to bill you and collect payment from you for the Service. We
may send you messages from time to time through the Service functionality to provide you
with useful information.
- When you use the Service, our servers automatically record information that your browser
sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information
such as your IP address, location based on IP address, browser type or the domain from
which you are visiting, the web-pages you visit, the search terms you use, and any
advertisements on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet
service provider, the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to
monitor the use of the Service, and for the Service’s technical administration. We do not
associate your IP address with any other personally identifiable information to identify you
personally, except in case of violation of the Terms and Conditions.
- We use "cookie" technology to collect additional website usage data to improve the
Service. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer's hard disk. We do
both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with the
Service, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the Service, and
to improve the Service. A session cookie enables certain features of the Service and is
deleted from your computer when you disconnect from or leave the Service. A persistent
cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on
subsequent uses of the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web
browser help file directions. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can
instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you
before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Please note, however, that there may
experience with the Service.
- We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us,
including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database
storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personally
identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform
these functions and provide such services.
- When you create a Knock Knock City account, some information about your Knock Knock
City account and your account activity will be provided to other users of the Service who
know your email address.
- You may also choose to add personal information, which may include your name, gender,
profile picture, item/property descriptions, or other details, that will be visible to other users
through the Service.
- You may choose to share your personal information through third party sharing applications
(a "Third Party Sharing Application") outside the Service. You agree that Knock Knock City
has no control over or ability to retract or delete any personal information shared through a
Third Party Sharing Application, whether by you or by another user, and whether or not such
sharing is authorized by you.
- If you have a Knock Knock City account, you may update or correct your personal profile
information, email preferences and privacy settings at any time by visiting your account
profile settings page or emailing us at [email protected]
- You may control the information that is available to other users and your confirmed
relationships at any time by editing your Knock Knock City account.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through the Service, but Knock
Knock City may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- If you choose to participate or post to the publicly accessible blogs or community forums
hosted through our Service, you should be aware that any information you provide in these
areas may be seen, collected and used by anyone who access them.
Change of Ownership or Business Transition
- We will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or
integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or
conspicuous posting on the Service in the most expedient time possible and without
unreasonable delay, consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any
measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable
integrity of the data system.
- We will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information and we use
standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption,
firewalls and SSL for protecting your information. However, no data transmission by wireless
device or encryption technology is guaranteed to be 100% secure, and no system for the
storage of personal information is guaranteed to be 100% secure. We are not responsible
for any third party’s circumvention of our security measures. Please remember that you
control what personal information you provide while using the Service.
- When using the Service, you will have the opportunity to use third party social media
features and widgets (such as the Facebook) and services integrations that run on our site.
These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may
set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with these third
responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your identification, passwords, and/or any
personal information in your possession for the use of the Service.
- Always be careful and responsible regarding your personal information. We are not
responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide
to them, and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to
others through the Service. Similarly, we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of
any personal information or other information which you receive from other users through
the Service, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of
any personal information or other information which you may receive using the Service. We
cannot guarantee, or assume any responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the personal
information or other information provided by any third party. You release us from any and all
liability in connection with the use of such personal information or other information of
- Knock Knock City may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including
your personally identifiable information, in connection with a merger, acquisition,
reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. You will have the opportunity
to opt out of any such transfer if the new entity's planned processing of your information
For questions concerning this Policy, please contact us at [email protected]